Social Work Case Manager – MIChoice Waiver, Grand Rapids
Social Work Case Manager – MIChoice Waiver
2100 Raybrook Street Southeast
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Social Work Case Manager – Reliance Community Care Partners
Reliance Community Care Partners has a unique opportunity for a Social Worker to take their career to the next level. This position offers flexibility, work from home locally as well as make visits out in the greater Grand Rapids community and the opportunity to work as an essential part of an interdisciplinary health care team.
Why Join Reliance Community Care Partners?
Reliance Community Care Partners is a non-profit health care and case management organization that specializes in coordinating community health care services for older adults and those with disabilities. We work collaboratively with health care providers, government agencies, insurance providers, legal representatives, and family members to make sure those we serve receive the attention and care they need to live healthy, meaningful, and productive lives.
What Will You Do?
In this community-based program, the Social Work Case Manager provides case management services from his/her home office for the MI Choice Waiver Program.
· Both In-home and phone assessments to formulate plan of care
· Coordination of care with other team members to develop, initiate, facilitate, and monitor the plan of care
· Mobilize and coordinate family and/or friends to assist with services needs
· Arrange and participate in person-centered conferences as needed
· Evaluate and coordinate safety risk assessments in the participant’s intended residence
· Advocates on behalf of participant in care related matters for procurement of services and entitled benefits
· Identifies individuals who could benefit from disease management, screens, and offers MI Choice Waiver program
· Provides education and empowers the participant in implementation of the person-centered care plan
Skills to be Successful:
· Flexibility, resiliency, and adaptability
· Self-directed and autonomous
· Ability to prioritize
· Comfortable with navigating various technologies and computer applications
· Team player mentality
Education and Experience
· BSW or MSW licensure in the State of Michigan (Master’s preferred)
· At least 2 years of social work experience
· Older adult care or experience working with disabled population preferred
· Knowledge of community-based resources and strong networking skills
· Certified Case Manager (CCM) is preferred
If this opportunity interests you, please clink on the link below, then click on the “Careers” tab at the top of the page and then click on the blue “Apply Now” box. To find this job just type in this job title in the search box.